Corvette - America's Sports Car
By the Auto Editors of Consumer Guide®
1. Paint Booth - A 427 coupe is being sprayed.
2. 1966 Prototype - Firebirds used this nose design later on.
3. 1966 Prototype - Notice the TWO different taillight designs.
The Complete Corvette Restoration & Technical Guide
Volume 2 - 1963 Through 1967
By Noland Adams
4. Corvette Frames - The chassis line in the fall of 1965.
5. Corvette Coupe - The body is assembled in a special fixture.
6. Body Drop - A Corvette coupe is being mated with its chassis.
7. Body Drop - A Corvette convertible is being mated to its chassis.
8. Engine Installation - An L79 small block is being lowered into place.
Corvette Sting Ray 1963-1967
By Mike Mueller
9. Final Line - The end of the production line for several Corvettes.
10. Big Block Engine - An overhead view of a engine.
11. Dyno Testing - ZORA and Denny Davis dyno a prototype L88.
12. Hubcap - Closeup of the standard wheel cover in 1966.
Birthplace of Legendstm
By Peter J. Licastro
13. Sanding - Workmen prep a body for the paint booth.
14. Leak Testing - A 1966 convertible is tested for water leaks.
15. Headlight Aiming - A workman adjusts a Corvette headlight.
16. ZORA and a 1966 Corvette - Posing with a 427 coupe.
Various Corvette Artist and Prints
17. 1966 Corvette - Rear view by D.A. Rodriguez.
18. Silver Salute - 1991 Bloomington print by Hugo Prado.
19. 1966 Corvette - Big block by Bill Harbot.
Model Contest by Fisher Body Craftman's Guild
Original 1966 Booklet
20. Designing and Building a Model Car - The cover of the booklet.
21. Contest - Participants view one of the models on display.
22. Model Sketches - Any of these '66 drawings look familiar now?
Odds and Ends from 1966
23. Registry Sticker - NOS window sticker donated by Steve Hero.